Reported by user:
I can repro':
Can you have a look?
PythonEmbedInR 0.4.67 for R 4.0.0 for Mac was built on a Mac jenkins slave with R4 installation compiled from source. It also had gettext installed from brew. It seems that this results in gettext being implicitly compiled into the binary as a dependency.
Building packages from R installed from binary Mac pkg installers seems to eliminate this dependency in the resulting packages. gettext is a fairly common brew dependency (for example removing it to test on my own machine removed vim, gettext, and a few other brew installed packages, which may be why we didn't hear many issues with this.
Since we are about to release new packages anyway, I think it makes sense to go forward with the next release having removed the gettext depedency (rather than e.g. trying to rebuild versions of the existing packages without the dependency). I’ve built the latest candidates for each synapser (0.8.71) and PythonEmbedInR (0.5.73).
can you confirm that you are able to install these packages from staging on your own machine which doesn’t have gettext installed as we confirmed above.
Looks great. Good sleuthing!
The synapser version that you installed this morning is otherwise also the release candidates, so that should serve as validation for this issue I think.
Thank you so much for your help. It works from my side right now.
You are so helpful!