Currently, the Python docs has a different styling than the overall docs site (docs.synapse.org). There's a Sphinx layout called bizstyle (http://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/master/theming.html) that looks very similar to the docs design and would be nice/less jarring for users to have sites that look the same.
I do like "bizstyle" as a starting point though. If you want to do an initial update, I'm ok with that. Your call.
1. Switch style to "bizstyle".
2. If easy, switch font to use Lato like docs site (not required).
3. Update Synapse logo (done in another ticket, but may need to be redone if we switch style, not sure).
4. Make sure nav sidebar is on left (to match main docs site).
5. Move "search box" to top of the left nav.