Update HTML page titles based on team name
Could we update the HTML page titles on Synapse based on the content (e.g. with the project or team name)? Otherwise, it's hard to use the browser history or the "Back" button. I've included a screenshot of my Chrome history below.
Edit: I just realized that this does happen with project pages. Maybe the problem is restricted to a smaller set of page types, like teams.
(I just realized that Xa was possibly the person to close this issue since he’s the validator. Sorry about that. Feel free to “unclose”.)
This change will be useful nonetheless! Thanks, !
: Unfortunately, some links in the website do not go through the GWT PlaceChanger framework, so they behave as new page loads. Just a heads up that it might be more widespread than expected. Should be able to test on staging.synapse.org later this week (when it’s out of READ_ONLY mode for the migration).
Thanks for the quick response, ! I jumped the gun a bit when I assumed that the problem happened across the entire website. I just happened to have noticed the issue on Friday when I was managing a bunch of Synapse teams.
Thanks for the heads-up about the additional items in the browser history stack. That doesn’t bother me quite as much, especially if it’s only once I open a page from scratch.
But there was minimal support before. Here’s an example on production today of it working: